For my last NaBloPoMo post I wanted to do something fun and I love online window shopping when I should be doing work… I have been browsing all of the many holiday gift guides out there and have been slowly putting together my own “best of the gift guides” guide. These gifts would all be a hit with me and hopefully they could please lots of folks on your gift lists.
- I really like this Hawaii or Bust ski hat from Kate Spade. It is too expensive, but I think it is funny and cute.
- Dish soap does not sound like an exciting gift, but I purchased this William-Sonoma Pumpkin Spice Cleaning Caddy last month and I love it! It smells like the holidays and it contains everything you need for cleaning in the kitchen. (Everyone needs to clean their kitchen, right?) Pumpkin Spice is one of the new scents in William-Sonoma’s new Pure & Green line — they also have Winter Forest and Peppermint Snow scents that I would like to try. The cleaning products are all biodegradable and made from plant-derived, natural ingredients.
- Eco-friendly peeps can always use (and re-use) cool aluminum bottles from SIGG. They come in all sorts of colors and designs.
- Another environmentally sound choice: Not a Paper Cup from paper source. It is a porcelain and silicone coffee cup that only looks disposable. I think it is silly-cool.
- For the ladies, Fresh Firebird Mascara. Fresh makes the best mascara, plus it is all natural and comes in a pretty container.
- Kids, pets, fun-loving adults — I think they would all love an Ugly Doll. We got Crusher one of these dolls and he loves it. They are cute, quirky, soft and cuddly.
- Who doesn’t know someone who loves Starbucks? The Starbucks Gold Card is an indulgence that I can’t justify for myself, but I think it would make a nice gift. The card holder gets 10% off everything from Starbucks, plus a few other goodies like free wi-fi and flavored syrups.
- For some reason I really love these simple Night Owl Paper Goods notepads. They are just so lovely and everyone needs a place to write their to-do lists.
- Ok, this last one may seem boring, but just trust me. Everyone loves J.Crew’s sherpa-lined hoodies (for women and men). I promise. They are comfy, warm, machine-washable, and pretty much indestructible — plus they are currently on sale! You really can’t go wrong giving one as a gift.
Good luck with your holiday gift giving! I know it can be tough to find the perfect thing for everyone you care about… If you really get stuck coming up with gift ideas, I would suggest writing a nice, heart-felt note and/or taking the gift recipient out to a nice dinner. It really is the thought (and the love) that counts, and with the economy in such a sorry state this year I think everyone will understand (and enjoy it) if gifts are a little less commercial and a little more expressive.