marathon 4 completed

Jun 5th 2012 11:40:42 am

I am happy. And sore.

I completed the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon on Sunday in 4:54:21. Well within my goal of under five hours. It is a personal record and I am proud.

As always, I couldn’t have completed this training season or this race without Team in Training (my donors, my superstar coaches, Brian, Joel, Lisa, and Amanda, my roommate and adventure friend, Casey, my running buddies, Jon and Emily, all of our fun, wonderful BK teammates, and of course, my unfailingly supportive husband) but I am also taking ownership of my performance and my experience. I knew what I needed to do during training. I made my pacing and fueling race plan and stuck to it. I ran smart. And when it got painful after mile 23 and I wasn’t sure if I could keep running, I did. I can handle pain and I can handle doubt. That is good to know. Experience made the difference in this marathon.

Now… on to number 5!! NYC in November!

10 Comments » Categories: Exercise, Feeling Happy, Friends, running, Team In Training

10 Responses to “marathon 4 completed”

1. Ginelle on 05 Jun 2012 at 9:17 pm #

You look pretty amazing for someone who just ran 26.2 miles! Well done!

2. Kathleen on 06 Jun 2012 at 9:19 am #

Way to go!

3. dory on 06 Jun 2012 at 2:42 pm #

WHOOOOO!

4. P1 on 06 Jun 2012 at 5:15 pm #

Do you have an end game?

5. Bethany on 07 Jun 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Wow, congratulations and well done!!! You SO inspire me and my training!

6. rachel on 08 Jun 2012 at 11:14 am #

Thanks everyone! It felt great to finish.

My end game is winning the Olympics!! Haha… not really, but I do hope to keep running for a very long time.

7. extreme summer // rachel & the city on 15 Jul 2012 at 6:03 pm #

[…] weekend after I completed the San Diego marathon, Travis and I piled in a van with a few of our friends and drove upstate to cheer on our teammates […]

8. The Philadelphia Marathon // rachel & the city on 19 Nov 2012 at 3:37 pm #

[…] June, I ran the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon. That was MY race! I made a detailed pace and fueling plan, stuck to it, pushed it at the end, and […]

9. new orleans 2014 // rachel & the city on 26 Feb 2014 at 1:35 pm #

[…] well-organized events and New Orleans was no different. (I’ve run the Rock N Roll marathon in San Diego twice.) The race started near Lafayette Square near our hotel in the Central Business […]

10. 33 while 33 // rachel & the city on 28 Feb 2014 at 3:01 pm #

[…] Went with mom & dad in June. ♥ Run the San Diego Marathon. For the second time. Done! ♥ Attend a taping of the Wendy Williams Show. Done and it was awesome. ♥ Take an […]