currently // August 2012

Aug 17th 2012 10:34:27 am

planning… a trip to the beach tomorrow! The Brooklyn Team in Training is doing our annual run to Coney Island and hopefully recreating this photo from 2010.

eating… Pork Slope! Well, not yet. This new dive bar/bbq joint is opening very near our apartment on Saturday. I can’t wait to check it out.

laughing at… The Joe Biden Fan Club. But seriously, I love that guy.

looking forward to… Reach the Beach. A 24-hour, 200-mile running relay in September.

needing…. the new iPhone5. According to the rumors, they might be announced on September 12th, with a ship date of the 21st. It can’t come soon enough because I dropped my phone on the sidewalk yesterday and destroyed the glass. Ugh. It still works, though.

What are you up to as the summer of 2012 winds down?

6 Comments » Categories: Brooklyn, Currently, Team In Training, Travel

6 Responses to “currently // August 2012”

1. Libby on 18 Aug 2012 at 6:11 am #

Oh so sorry, about your phone! I am going to meet Paul at the dog park, he is doing a 10 k this morning.

2. P1 on 18 Aug 2012 at 9:14 am #

Not an official 10K or anything like that. Just running 6.5 miles.

3. rachel on 19 Aug 2012 at 1:00 pm #

Congrats on the 6.5 miles! You are really getting up there! Travis and I ran as part of a 10 mile “Battle of Brooklyn” relay this morning…

4. Seth on 19 Aug 2012 at 1:17 pm #

I don’t think anything that opens in Park Slope could be a true dive bar.

5. rachel on 20 Aug 2012 at 7:34 am #

You are right, Seth. Pork Slope had “VIP list” for its grand opening. A little too fancy for a dive bar.

6. Jorden aka MrsWhiffin on 01 Sep 2012 at 2:36 pm #