It is Christmas week! woohoo! Travis and I are staying in Brooklyn this year. It is a little sad to not be spending Christmas with our families, but it is also exciting to get to do some of the holiday stuff ourselves… like baking!
I have an ambitious cookie plan! I really don’t have much of a reason. I just want to bake a bunch of holiday treats. If they turn out, maybe I’ll give them out to friends…
My holiday baking to do list:
- I already completed these amazing Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies. The recipe comes from my new favorite food blog, How Sweet It Is, and the marshmallow buttercream filling is amazing.
- I plan to make a second batch of Chocolate Snowflake/Crinkle Cookies. I made a batch for a party last week from this Penzey’s recipe and Travis loved them.
- I know I am quite heavy on chocolate already, but these Peppermint Pattie Brownies look so awesome.
- And for something non-chocolatey, I might make these Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies. Mostly because I already have the caramels…
- If I get really ambitious, I’ll make some sugar cookies and try to ice them in some sort of cute manner. Or maybe I’ll go with these simpler Funfetti Sugar Cookies. They’re still cute!
Are you baking for the holidays? What are your favorite recipes?