On January 8th, Kenneth turned TWO!! Two years with my sweet, funny, active baby boy. It is hard to imagine how we got here so quickly! It has all been a whirlwind of playgrounds, pizza, and Buzz Lightyear!
Fun facts about Kenneth at two:
- At his 2-year doctor’s appointment, Ken weighed 30 lbs and 9 oz. He was 37.25 inches tall! Very tall. He was a real champ and took his shots and finger prick without any tears. He actually likes going to the doctor and is really cooperative. Such a good boy!
- He is learning all sorts of new words every day! His pronunciation is getting better and he uses quite a few multiple word phrases.
- He can recognize and say all the letters of the alphabet, most colors, numbers 1-5, and most animals and animal sounds. The letters F and H are hard for him to say, but he is getting better and better.
- He loves it when we sing him lullabies before bed. He prefers them to books, but we try to do both. He requests the songs by name: like “Rock Baby,” “Row Boat,” and “E-I-E-I-O.”
- He is loving school. He goes twice a week for three hours at a time. He has a best friend named Jack in his class.
- His favorite foods are cheesy pasta, chocolate milk, juice, bacon, hot dogs, and lollipops. So healthy! But he will eat a lot of fruit, eggs, yogurt, some cooked beans and veggies, chicken, and cereal. He has been talking a lot about “tacos” lately, but I don’t think he’s ever actually eaten an assembled taco… hmmm.
- He loves to JUMP on, off, and over everything!! I think he is pretty good at it. Ha.
Instead of having a party for his second birthday, we decided to take Kenneth to DisneyWorld. We just couldn’t resist spoiling our only sweet baby! We all had a really great time. Travis and I loved spending all day, every day with him. He loved the rides, the characters, and all the new toys he brought home. He especially loved meeting Buzz Lightyear and riding the Buzz Lightyear ride. Forcing a toddler to nap each day in the middle of the Disney excitement was the hardest part, and we all got a sore throat/cold by the last day, but overall, it was a magical trip.
It is so fun to have a little son. It is a privilege to get to watch him grow up and learn new things everyday. My wish for him is that he continues to have a happy, healthy, safe, challenging, rewarding life full of love. I will do everything in my power to make that possible… including buying waaaay too many Buzz Lightyear toys.
Even though I can’t keep track of him every month like I did for the first year, Kenneth has been learning so many new things that I feel like I must write some of it down!
Fun Facts about Kenneth at 15 months:
- Kenneth had his 15-month check-up at the doctors last week. He is 33 inches tall and almost 25 lbs. He is exactly half of my height at this point and still above the 95th percentile for his age. He is definitely a big boy!
- Two additional bottom teeth grew in over the last month or two, for a total of 8 teeth.
- He is awesome at walking and can also climb stairs and do a little running. He also figured out how to ride his scooter this week! Wow.
- He can drink from a sippy cup, from a straw, and even from a regular glass, but that can get messy quick. He also loves eating with a spoon or fork. He really LOVES dipping his food in dips. And Travis taught him how to do “cheers,” so he insists on clinking his sippy cup before nearly every drink.
- He is working on talking and attempts to use a lot of words. Some of his most common words are: Dad, dog, ya, yes, sock, shoe, teeth, cheese, good, milk, juice, eye… I am sure there are more. His pronunciation is not very good yet, but he definitely knows what each of those words mean and tries his best to say them.
- We traveled around Europe over the last month and Kenneth did a great job. He was so flexible and slept well at all the many different hotels. His favorite parts of the trip were the hotel bathtubs and the playgrounds we found in each city. He wasn’t a huge fan of museums, but he did like trying lots of new foods. He really loved Hungarian goulash!
- He is still taking his Moozika class, plus we added on a Gymboree “Learn & Play” class, and this week he starts a “Little Hatchlings” class at the Prospect Park Zoo. I am hoping he keeps socializing more and more so that he will be prepared to start a bit of preschool when he turns two.
He is learning and changing so fast that even though I have taken 3000 photos of him since his first birthday, I feel like I am not capturing all of his amazingness. I love him so much at this age! We are really having fun with him and just don’t want the time to pass too quickly!